Friday, March 14, 2008

OMG! I am sooo Bershon!

From Michael Bierut:

Bershon was first introduced to a wide audience by writer and blogger Sarah Brown, who remembered it as a word from her own teenage years. Her definition is still the best:

The spirit of bershon is pretty much how you feel when you’re 13 and your parents make you wear a Christmas sweatshirt and then pose for a family picture, and you could not
possibly summon one more ounce of disgust, but you’re also way too cool to
really even DEAL with it, so you just make this face like you smelled something
bad and sort of roll your eyes and seethe in a put-out manner.


Wow! I had no idea this concept existed! It describes me perfectly!....I can remember all those pictures my mother would take of my sister and me....we would roll our eyes, seething with rage, I would grimace as I dug my fingernails into my arm.


Read the post in its entirety:
http://www.designobserver.com/archives/033664.html#more

I'm going to have a salute to bershon here soon...just wait til I dig out all my "disgusted with everything" pictures!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is, are you STILL bershon?

Unknown said...

and the other question is ,..when you are sleeping with your eyes open,..is it when I am talking?
is it when you are driving?

betsysw said...

Hi genius writer of donutjungle! I join the masses of bored and not-amused-enough people who have been waiting for you to start a blog! Hurrah! Hooray for donutjungle!